Located at the western end of the Changge Range in Gyantse County, Palkor Monastery was built in 1414. Its 17 dratsang (colleges) are affiliated to one of sects (Sagyapa, Kadampa and Gelugpa) but gather them all together a salient feature of the monastery. Its main building is the Hall of Coqen. Next to the monastery stands the resplendent Palkor Pagoda. This nine-story pagoda is 32.5 meters high and has 108 doors. Its 77 Buddhist halls house some 100,000 statues of Buddhas. Thus the pagoda has become famous as the “100,000-Buddha Pagoda.